Thursday 9 May 2013

Revision Log#3: Learn more about Uly's volunteering!

(Realised this was not posted, though it's set before my recent revision log! Silly Uly!)

I volunteered for six hours and this basically took everything out of me. It's May Day thus really busy and in the local town/the location of the place where I volunteer had a huge fun fair on. Which lasts 3 days. For retailers and cafes and the like, it's one of the busiest weekends of the year in our local area. I'm fairly new to my volunteering so doing a full six hour shift with some of the rudest customers I've faced so far was rather painful. See, a lot of people were being demanding or thinking we were trying to con them and really - it was just that I was the only staff member on the till. We had a stall outside which was constantly flowing and it meant that it was rather hectic and hard to keep track. PLUS, Jacob and Curt (a dynamic duo, Jackie Boy being my bloggin' buddy) decided to be a pain in the arse for a while - THANKS FOR THAT GUYS and I had to make sure they weren't disturbing the environment too much. This was a tough day and trying to do anything was already hard seeing as I'd travelled 240 miles in less then two days on Saturday and Sun visiting the Hudds, revision was not an option by the end of the day.

Roll on next week and I hope that more is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say son? Well damn well say it! (AKA: always looking for feedback/other opinions!)