Monday 27 May 2013

My dream.

It's late at night and I've just had a sudden yearn to share some quick anecdote with you all.

When I was younger, from around 5-9, I use to have a reoccurring dream. I would walk downstairs from some stairway to a green polka-dot green table (the dots being white) and sit down at the chair. The whole kitchen was pink and there were windows to my left and in front of me. A mother figure, clad in your 50s housewife attire, would stand there doing dishes. I would hear a murmur of the following:

"Good morning," she would begin. "Would you like some cereal?" Now this is perfectly normal. Sure the American accent is off as I'm British but that's because of being introduced to a lot of American television. No, what was strange was the second this woman turned over, her blonde hair would be gone and face would not greet me. Instead, her head was a Spider. Staring with its beady black eyes, I would try to yelp but had lost all sound. She'd stand with yellow gloves and a white apron holding just one dish just above the sink.

This dream occurred several times over during my childhood, intensifying my arachnophobia to the point where even now affects me. But when I was 9 and sick of this awful dream, something much unexpected happened. As this dream began to play out, I also had a memory playing by its side (unusual for a dream, I know but the brain's an odd place at night time).

Suddenly I would see Zandy at Christmas time in his orange shirt and red trousers about to put on a cracker hat and take up a seat. And for some reason this managed to calm me right down. I can remember everything about him so clearly, only with the Dinning Room altering. While this story and dream are probably not very important I guess it's time to say thanks to Zandy for offering me such safety on this awful reoccurring dream.

Sweet dreams. Because I've had sour ones - not very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say son? Well damn well say it! (AKA: always looking for feedback/other opinions!)