Thursday 4 April 2013

A letter to my ten year old self.

My friend Jacob, who's got a new blog called "Everything makes me sick" and he did an entry I was fond of. A "letter to my ten year old self." We spent the day together today along with my other friend who I've been friends with for years and I got thinking about my time in primary school and how unlike most, I did in fact hate it and do not look back fondly. Anyway, I thought I'd take a crack at this letter to my past self. I may spoil my future but I don't think blog posts can cause paradoxes.

Dear Uly, 

I wasn't sure how to say hi so I'll jump straight to the facts. Right now (if I remember correctly) you're crushing over a girl who is "miles out of your league". And that probably sucks. But the thing is - she ends up going out with a meathead who you're sure isn't going to pass his exams in his future and probably done pot at the bus stop. She doesn't turn out as good as she use to be because she allowed make up and fake tan to ruin her. There is of course the case of your other 'friend-who-is-a-girl' who you'll really start to notice isn't that much of a 'friend'. On top of that, you're old fash' Teacher whose really starting to bug ya'. And you can't shake the feeling that everything's just never quite. I can feel for ya, buddy. 'Cause it's all about to go to shit for a while. 

Your Dad did something. You're pissed but you're not pissed at the right person. But you'll get over that. And you'll learn to love and respect her, to enjoy the extended-family and to really embrace your Dad. Out of the things he does? 

This is just simple. 

This is something that you really needn't worry about. But I know, it's hard. We've got ideas in our brains you and me. And I want to tell you that goes away and your brain settles down but kid? This is only the beginning. You're life is going to be a shithole in a few years and there's really nothing you can do about it. OHMAN doesn't that just SUCK for you? I almost laugh at your innocence in many ways but at the same time: lovingly admire it. And in some ways, it really doesn't go away. 

So what can I actually tell you that's of any use at all? Well, you're about to fall out with someone but you'll soon realise it was the best thing to ever happen to you two. Then, you're going to become more close with someone who you'll be calling your "husband". Yeah, I know, weird. Then you'll meet these people - OH MY THESE PEOPLE! Wonderful, glorious, hilarious, clever, like minded people. That moment you've waited for those guys to turn up, it'll actually happen. You'll probably miss it most of the bloody time because the transition is so bloody natural. There's also this one person - Tels - she's gonna be WILD. I mean, current-crush is wild and so are a few others. But this one, my little buddy, is going to be a whole new bag o' tricks. (Can't say I didn't warn me).

Horrible, sad, bitter, painful things will come from here on out. The road ahead, little Ten Year Old Uly, will be a test far greater then I want you to ever worry about. But it'll work out in to this time and it'll be rather good ride - even with the stress and the drama and all the others things that flow into your life rather easily. One last thing - LEARN TO IGNORE YOUR BROTHER. FOR GOD SAKE HE'S JUST A BLOODY TROLL. 

Love (and really, you're going to struggle using that with yourself so enjoy it), 
Another young Uly. 



6 comments:

  1. Learn to like Jaffa Cakes. It'll get you places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't even need to click on the profile to know who you are :P I think that's something 40 year old Uly will tell 16 year old Uly.

      Delete
  2. That poor sap doesn't know what coming to him oh man I'm going to spend so long winding him up heheheeh

    Good post bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love it. I was gonna do that on my 17th birthday to my 7 year old self! You spoil my ideas. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one, makes mine look unemotional xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, for you, yours had emotion! Mine is perhaps, "over-filled" in many ways! Thank you good sire.

      Delete

Got something to say son? Well damn well say it! (AKA: always looking for feedback/other opinions!)