Tuesday 11 June 2013

Do you think this is angry? (A note to girls!)

OK. I'm in a haughty mood which gets to haughty thinking. (I use bloody haughty, deal with it in your time if you please). I want to get this out there, off my chest and straight across the world itself. "Internet famous", hell historically I want this small piece to be sent through all of the world itself.

I hate when girls (and I use girls as a straight white man who hasn't ever batted for the other side yet - in fact as a young man from Wales who knows very little about the world) ask: "Do you think I'm pretty?" And here's why.

It puts me in an impossible situation. If I hesitate then there's an immediate assumption I mean no. If I don't then girls spend time saying how they are not and I spend a conversation not at all convincing them. I know girls, society hasn't been fair. With models and media pushing a "perfect woman" icon it gets to be very hard to not have yourself thinking you're fat and ugly and need to be changed in every single way.

When I hesitate it's for a number of reasons: I'm not too sure what to say, I'm not nervous or just generally uncertain with how to react. But it doesn't mean you are ugly. We all have preferences because we do like a face. I'll admit -- bad us for having that sort of thing going on. But biologically, you could argue that it's to ensure we have an 'attractive' (i.e. our preference) mate. I swiftly move on from Biology as I did an exam in that already.

If I jump up and say "well gee golly I think you're a doll!" Then there's this whole you denying it, me trying to convince you and then getting nowhere with the conversation because you won't build your self esteem up from one guy. Hell, a hundred men couldn't make you do that. But here's the thing: go off whatever word I've just given you, don't question it too much and move on. I think you have a nice face and if you're asked for "you" (in this context, me) then nothing, in this context, else matters.

There's also the whole "oo he luuurves her!" because I said a girl is pretty. People, get over that. I got caught in a room with a girl alone recently after an exam and the immediate assumption of a Staff member was that we were "getting-it-on". Just because we're girl and boy. But that's a different rant for another day, I'm going back to whole this "Do you think I'm pretty?" Thing.

You're doing it to fish for compliments. Which is never cool. But you're also doing it to build up your confidence. That's cool, I can relate to that. But just analysing whatever my answer is won't get you anywhere and will make me hesitant to ever compliment you again because I'll just think it's some sort of right/wrong answer mind game that you're playing with me. I cannot be bothered doing it so just get on with whatever the hell you were doing before.

Some guys will like girls with thin waists and big titties and big bums. But other guys won't. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if he likes that then let him get on with it. Personally, if you're looking for some sort of "package" instead of a person then you're going wrong. I've had fairly similar interests in girls I've liked: they've been very nice, lovely to talk to and extremely pretty. I'm generally not fussed I've began to realise though do have some "bad inclinations" but I think that's part of teenager boyishness.

ANYWAY, stop moaning about it. You asked me a question, I answered honestly. If people can't spend al day boosting my self esteem then they can't do it to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say son? Well damn well say it! (AKA: always looking for feedback/other opinions!)